At MIT Vishwashanti Gurukul the purpose of the student council is to give students an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects. In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare, the student council is the voice of the student body.
They work in co-operation with all branches of academic faculty and administrative staff and formally represent the Student Body organizing and running all-scholastic, cultural, and sporting events conducted by the School.
The very selection of the Student Council body is a study of the democratic process and involves peers, teachers, and heads.
Functions of the Student Council
- To permanently represent student views and work towards the realization of the same.
- To advise the School in all student-related matters.
- To formally represent the Student Body during all formal scholastic, cultural and sporting events conducted by the School.
- To conceive and execute other functions for the enhancement of the Student Body.
- To give students an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects.
The Student Council members are selected on the basis of the below criteria:
Code of conduct
Extra and co-curricular activities
Team building and team player
Regularity and punctuality
At Gurukul positive leadership is nurtured, it is a process .