The IB Middle Years Programme (IB MYP)
MIT Vishwashanti Gurukul IB MYP – International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme is for children aged 11 – 16. The Middle Years Programme at MITVGS, provides a framework of learning that encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers. The MYP emphasizes intellectual challenge, encouraging students to make connections between their studies in traditional subjects and the real world. It fosters the development of skills for communication, intercultural understanding and global engagement—essential qualities for young people who are becoming global leaders.
For age-group 11 – 16 years, the Middle School offers: IB MYP – MYP1 to MYP 5 (Gr. 6 to Gr. 10)
- Addresses holistically students’ intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being.
- Provides students opportunities to develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills they need in order to manage complexity and take responsible action for the future.
- Ensures breadth and depth of understanding through study in eight subject groups.
- Requires the study of at least two languages (language of instruction and additional language of choice) to support students in understanding their own cultures and those of others.
- Empowers students to participate in service within the community.
Lifetime of Learning
- Helps to prepare students for further education, the workplace and a lifetime of learning.
- Build confidence in managing their own learning.
- Learn by doing, connecting the classroom to the larger world.
- Consistently have greater success in IB Diploma Programme examination.
- Develop an understanding of global challenges and a commitment to act as a responsible citizen.
MYP teachers organize the curriculum with appropriate attention to:
Teaching and learning in context
Students learn best when their learning experiences have context and are connected to their lives and the world that they have experienced. Using global contexts, MYP students explore human identity, global challenges and what it means to be internationally minded.
VI to X – MYP IB
|IB Middle Years Programme VI to X – MYP IB
|Language and Literature – English
|Language Acquisition – Hindi/French/Spanish
|Physics, Chemistry and Biology (all compulsory)
|Visual Arts, Design Technology, Physical and health education, Music/Dance (All compulsory. Option between music and dance)