Importance of Value Based Education
Today, every parent wants to give the best education to children, which is not just confined to the books but it goes much beyond that. The parents look at the holistic development of their children as that is essential to edge in the global scenario. That is why parents focus on extracurricular activities and value education along with academics.
In today’s time, when there is a huge crisis of moral values in society, value-based education proves out to be the solution. Through value-based education, we can develop the children into people with strong character and values who know how to utilize their knowledge for the advantage of mankind.
Nelson Mandela rightly said: “Education is the most powerful weapon through which you can change the world”. Here, he talked about both academic education as well as moral value education. And, value education has the power to change the world.
Education is a lifelong process of development of one’s personality which starts from the school. It is a school that builds the base for everything. That is why school plays a significant role in providing value-based education or moral education.
Meaning of value based education
Value-based education aims at training the student to face the outer world with the right attitude and values. It is a process of overall personality development of a student. It includes character development, personality development, citizenship development, and spiritual development.
Some people think that personality is an inborn character of a child and it can never be developed or homed. However, this is not true. Personality development sessions and a good school selection can a radical change in the personality of a child.
The importance of personality development
Personality development is essential to mold the child into a winning personality. It can bring lots of changes in the attitude, perception and behavior of a child. Some of its benefits are described below:
- The students become more responsible for their behavior with teachers and fellow students.
- The students become regular with their home works and class works.
- They learn to cooperate with the teachers and fellow students in every situation.
- They learn to handle every situation in class with maturity.
- The students become attentive in class.
- It helps students to take their own decision without any hesitation.
- It develops a positive mind and a good attitude.
- Value education creates a strong relationship between student and teachers.
How value based education helps in attaining life goals
Value-based education is essential to develop an individual and help him/her lifelong in many ways:
- It gives a positive direction to the students to shape their future and even helps them to know the purpose of their life.
- It teaches them the best way to live that can be beneficial to individuals as well as the people around them.
- Value education also helps the students to become more and more responsible and sensible.
- It helps them to understand the perspective of life in a better way and lead a successful life as a responsible citizen.
- It also helps students to develop a strong relationship with family and friends.
- It develops the character and personality of the students.
- Value education develops a positive view of life in the student’s mind.
Clearly, value-based education is essential for the holistic development of a child. Value education develops a well-balanced individual with a strong character and value. That is why you should send your child to a school that offers value education. MIT Vishwashanti Gurukul is one such school. It is an international school that follows the IB curriculum which lays emphasis on valued-based education. We inculcate moral values, life skills and other personality traits in the students so that they turn out into winning personalities. Our unique value based education system makes us one of the best international schools in India. So, if you want to shape the future of your child then send your child to MIT Vishwashanti Gurukul, best international school in Pune.