Vishwashanti Gurukul Alumni talk about their creative careers.
The Visual Arts department organised an insightful session with the alumni who have chosen careers in art and design on 8th and 9th July 2021 for the students who have opted for the subject in the DP1 and 2. They were benefited with the interaction as their seniors spoke about the importance of choosing visual art if they wanted to pursue art and design related careers. They shared fruitful advice of how students can enhance their portfolios and broaden their ideas to take up risks and work harder to reciprocate the best of experience. The shared how the process of creating artworks and putting up arts exhibitions had greatly aided them in their future studies and job opportunities. They shared their experiences while they were studying in school and how the study of visual arts helped them to lay an appropriate foundation for their chosen career option and how the works they did during the two years helped them to compile a good portfolio for university placements.
The session acted as a great opportunity for the students to clear their doubts.
The speakers were:
1) Noopur Kabra studied Graphic Design, MIT Institute of Design, Pune, presently working for Open Strategy and Design.
2) Anjali Bansal, studied Product Design in MIT Institute of Design, Pune, presently working for Dream 11.
3) Mahek Gupta studied Communication Design in ISDI Parsons, Mumbai, presently working for None in Three global research centre.
4) Mansi Kotkar, studying Architecture in University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
5) Aayushi Jain, studying Fashion Design in NIFT, Bhopal and interning with Lavie bags.
6) Ipshita Pal studied Design Communication in Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore, presently working for AAJ media productions.
7) Aparna Somvanshi, studying UXUI in SCAD, Savana, America and interning with Mailchimp.
8) Adarsh Bora studied VFX in Vancouver Film school, Vancouver, presently working for Bardel studio.