IB University Placement Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION: IB University Placement Officer
This position will consist of a full-time assignment of high school as well as IB University Placement Officer.
- Work with the Careers Adviser to deliver effective high quality group teaching in self-marketing skills ( letters, application forms, interview skills, assessment centres and aptitude tests) and provide one-to-one assistance where required
- Advise students about placement choice (including future career development and guidance) and how to locate a placement either in India or abroad.
- Arrange placement interviews
- Brief students on organisational culture, appropriate conduct, use of internet and email at work etc.
- Supervise and monitor students throughout the placement period, assessing and resolving their demands, enquiries and problems
- Organise and undertake workplace visits to students on placement
- Ensure that the appropriate reports are completed and submitted for assessment
- Advise academic staff, Personal Tutors and Placement Tutors of individual and general placement issues
- Work with Placement Tutors on matters relating to specific academic disciplines
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
- MYP/IB/ IGCSE/CIE experience preferred
- Curriculum development knowledge is required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent is required. Bed preferred.
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Possess highly developed interpersonal skills and a team-player
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Commitment, enthusiasm and preparedness to learn
- Certification as a teacher from an official certifying authority
- Excellent references from the candidate’s immediate supervisors.
- Cross cultural sensitivity and an international mindset
- Good health