Importance of Early Childhood Education
Early childhood refers to the period when the child is under 5 years of age. This is the time when children begin to develop their personality and learn basic skills that work throughout their life. This phase is crucial for the cognitive, emotional and social development of children. Hence, it is imperative to provide proper education and train them in these early years.
What is early childhood education?
Also referred to as pre-school or pre-kindergarten, early education is the education given to children between 3-5 years of age. It prepares them for their elementary schooling. This helps children to gain social, emotional, and cognitive learning and it develops a lifelong love for learning among the children.
Significance of early education
The mind of a young child is similar to a sponge and it can absorb chunks of information easily. Young children are always curious about knowing the world around them and learning new things. They learn through social interactions and observations. At this stage, it is very important that children should learn in the right direction that too in a safe, secure and nurturing environment. That is why early education is pivotal.
Many parents understand the significance of early education and they look for the best facilities to make their children ready for the future. In fact, every parent must make sure that their children should start receiving education at an early age in order to train them effectively for the future.
Benefits of early childhood education
There are innumerable benefits of early childhood education:
- Socialization: Children meet other children and teachers in school. They start socializing and making new friends. This helps in building confidence in the students.
- Cooperation: Children learn to share and cooperate with others in the school. Early education allows them to understand the importance of cooperating with others.
- Enthusiasm: When students are taught through fun activities, they gain interest and curiosity to learn more.
- Respect: Children become civil towards each other and start understanding the concept of respect for people, belongings and their environment.
- Holistic Development: Early childhood education makes the children socially, mentally, emotionally and physically strong.
- Teamwork: The team spirit of a person allows him/her to work with others. These qualities should be taught in the early childhood age. Pre-school activities focus on teamwork and develop team spirit in the students.
- Confidence and Self Esteem: When children interact with other children of the same age group and spend time with them, it helps them to develop confidence and social skills.
- Brain Development: Early education usually involves fun-filled activities with logical reasoning and analyzing. This boost the process of development of the brain of children.
- Exposure to Diversity: It is important to teach the children to appreciate diversities and differences in society right from their early childhood days. This is taught in schools.
- Patience: Patience is something that a child must learn. In preschools, children learn to wait for their turn. This help to develop patience in them.
Early childhood education is crucial for the development of children. It builds a foundation for the future. Whatever children learn in their early school days stays with them throughout their life. That is why the students should be trained under the guidance of right faculty members and in a perfect environment. If you are looking for the best international school that develops the child holistically, then you must choose MIT Vishwashanti Gurukul.