University Placement Cell
University Placement Cell has been introduced as a department in Vishwashanti Gurukul School to serve as an eye-opener to the various major career opportunities available to the youth of today at different stages of academic life.
Career planning is one of the most crucial aspects of any person's life. Choosing a career is not an easy process. Beyond gathering information on factors such as different career options, the eligibility criteria, the premier institutions from where the required qualification for a certain career could be acquired, variables such as attitudes, abilities and inclinations also play a major role. In today's competitive environment, the best jobs go to the best informed and the best prepared.
Our school has long standing association with university partners around the world. Students can check out the universities in which they are interested. Till date we have invited around more than 70 universities & colleges to put up a presentation for our grade XI & XII students. Apart from different university participation, we have invited agencies who look after university placements. We started meeting well known career counseling professionals; we learnt their way of guiding students for different aspirations. We selected few best professionals in town. It was not as easy to handle different career fields, countries, and universities in few hours along with guiding them to which exams (SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc) to be taken; therefore we roped in few counselors to address the students. We had 5 professional counselor groups who visited our school to guide our students.
Vishwashanti Gurukul School has long standing arrangements with university partners around the world. Students can check out the universities in which they are interested.
Till date we invited following universities & colleges to put up a presentation for our grade XI & XII students:-
- University of Alberta- Edmonton, Alberta
- The University of British Columbia- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Carleton University- Ottawa, Ontario
- Dalhousie University- Halifax, Nova Scotia
- University of Lethbridge- Lethbridge, Alberta
- McGill University- Montreal, Quebec
- University of New Brunswick- Saint John, New Brunswick
- University of Northern British Columbia- Prince George, British Columbia
- University of Prince Edward Island- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- Queen’s University- Kingston, Ontario
- Ryerson University- Toronto, Ontario
- University of Toronto- Toronto, Ontario
- Vancouver Island University- Nanaimo, British Columbia
- University of Western Ontario- London, Ontario
- York University – Toronto, Ontario
- Mount Allison University, Canada.
- University of Waterloo – Waterloo, Ontario
- University of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- University of Manitoba – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- HEC Montreal - Montreal, Quebec
- Memorial University of New Foundland – St.John’s, New Foundland
- University of Manitoba – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Assiniboine Community College, Manitoba Canada.
- Pickering College, Ontario, Canada.
- Quest University, Canada.
- Sheridan Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning International, Ontario.
- International Center for Education Inc., Ontario.
- Julian Krinsky camps & Programs. Pennsylvania, United State of America
- Roger Williams University – U.S
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, US
- Russell Square International College, Mumbai, India
- Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa, Lavasa, India
- Duquesne University, USA.
- SPJAIN Center of Management, Dubai, Singapore, Sidney
- Royal Holloway University of London, UK
- Kingston University London, UK
- Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Robert Gordon University, UK
- University Of the Arts London, UK
- Centum U, Pune,India
- University Arts of London
- Camber well College of Arts ,
- Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design,
- Chelsea College of Art and Design ,
- London College of Communication ,
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Art
- Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
- RMIT University, Australia
- The University of Sydney, Australia
- University of Wollongong, Australia
- IMI International Hotel Management Institute, Switzerland
- The George Washington University, USA
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, USA
- The University of Manchester, UK
- The University of Sheffield, UK
- The University of Warwick, UK
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of London, UK
- ifs School of Finance, UK
- University of California
- Savannah College of Art & Design, US
- Rochester Institute of Technology,US
- The University of Tampa, US
- University of Cincinnati, US
- University of Northern Lowa, US
- University of Minnesota, US
- The University of Kansas, US
- Duquesne University, US
- University of Alabama, US
- Campbell University, US
Apart from different university participation, we have invited agencies who look after university placements. Therefore we roped in few counselors to address the students.
- Geo Intellectual (P) Ltd., Pune (US, UK, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, India, etc),
- The Chopras, Pune (US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore etc),
- YoungBuzz, Mumbai (USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore, France & Switzerland etc..)
- Global Minds, Pune (USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, etc...)
- Eduignite , Delhi
- Success Guru
- Bulls Eye
- EDWISE Overseas Education Consultant
The IBDP prepares students for university entrance in India and all around the world. In fact, the IBDP is currently considered to be the best university preparation course in the world - this is a feature of the IBDP that university representatives themselves advocate, as they actively recruit IBDP graduates.
General recognition – schools in India
The IB maintains a list of authorized schools in India on their public website. Please check: http://www.ibo.org/country/IN/index.cfm .
We are fortunate that the IB does indeed enjoy recognition in India, and the number of students completing the IB and applying to institutes in India has grown substantially in the past few years. In 2008, for example, over 1400 students with Indian nationality undertook the IB diploma, which is double the number of Indian students from only three years ago. IBO transcript services processed over 500 requests for results to be sent to over 70 tertiary institutions in India, including many IIT’s and IIM’s. They maintain a current list on above given website of universities in India that formally recognize the IB diploma.
- IB diploma is recognised as an entry qualification to most of the universities.
- As the IB grows in India, so too does the recognition of the IBDP as a highly regarded high school programme that prepares students for competitive university entrance in India. It is true that there can sometimes be a conflict of exam dates between the IB Final Exams and the various Indian University Entrance Exams and, should this occur, the IB Coordinator can apply for students to sit any missed IB Final Exam at a later date, as long as certain procedures are followed. It is also true that mostly all Indian universities complete their admissions processes before the IB final results and transcripts are released at the end of the first week in July. For this reason, the IBO is working closely with the Association of Indian Universities, to create an early admissions procedure for IBDP students. IBO provides: percentage equivalency document, a transcript of results and a migration certificate for the Indian students.
- Students and their parents need to meet with Admissions Directors and Registrars at each of the universities in India for which they are applying, in early April, to secure a Provisional Statement of Eligibility Certificate for each university and, to lodge their early admissions applications in person.
The most important factor when considering university options is to be realistic - students know if they're an 7, 6, 5 performer and they know what their strengths and talents are, so they should apply for courses at universities where their chances of acceptance are realistic and where they will shine in their chosen field of study.
Vishwashanti Gurukul School has an excellent University Placement Service which helps students apply and gain entry to universities and colleges. Studying abroad is not merely about researching the net, filling in application forms and sending them to universities you have heard of. It is a complex process involving an array of questions, issues and formalities that need to be looked into, understood, completed and followed through.
University Placement Counselor