"There was never a good knife made of bad steel" : Benjamin Franklin.
MIT's VISHWASHANTI GURUKUL, an IB World School has a comprehensive set of rules applicable to all the students. In addition, boarders are expected to be well behaved at all times in the hostel complex and abide by the rules laid down by the school authorities.
· Students are discouraged from bringing any valuables, money, cell phones, etc.
· Students carrying cash are expected to hand it over to the House Master for safe -keeping. As and when required, money will be given to the students and they will be expected to account for the same. This is with a view to encourage responsibility and prevent wasteful or undesirable spending.
· Ragging is not allowed in the school premises. If found guilty of doing so, the student will be expelled from the school.
· There will be no bullying, smoking, drinking or use of intoxicating drugs in the school and hostel complex.
· No student will leave the hostel complex, for any reason, without the permission of the House Master / Mistress.
· Parents are requested to inform the House Master / Mistress, two days in advance,if they plan to take their child for an outing/weekend.
· An ethical code of conduct needs to be signed by the Students and Parents at the time of admission.
· The students must co-operate in maintaining the school building and the campus of the school neat and tidy.